Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dave Ramsey's The Money Answer Book

I'll admit it.  I'm a Ramsey-phile.  I drank the kool-aid last year, and I haven't looked back.  The best thing my wife and I did was sign up for the Financial Peace University class.  It was truly an investment in our future, and we have been blessed with small and large successes since June of 2008.  If you've never taken his class, read his books, or listened to his radio program, stop reading this review and check out www.daveramsey.com for more information.  If, by chance, you're actually interested in this review, then please keep reading.

For people like me, this book contains very little new information.  If you've already read The Total Money Makeover or Financial Peace (Revisited), then you know how the program works.  Seven Baby Steps, followed in succession, to help you manage your finances and bless others by your ability to build wealth and give it away.  This book is not really about the Baby Steps, though he does take time to mention them and go through them in detail throughout the book.  This book is really a Question and Answer book.  If you've listened to the radio program, then you know his style of taking questions and answering them as if he were "in your shoes."  This book is just that.  Taking highlights from the show/FAQ's about basic financial management and the Baby Steps, The Money Answer Book seeks to give direct, pointed, and concise information regarding a number of topics from debt to retirement.

When I read The Total Money Makeover and Financial Peace (Revisited), I was always asking questions.  What do we do if...?  What happens if...?  Is it important for us to...?  What if we can't...?  What does he mean by...?  This book handles those questions in a way that's easy to follow and implement right off!  I am really excited to read this book alongside of the other books, so that as questions pop up, I can reference what he has to say in The Money Answer Book!  Definitely get this book!  Even if you don't think you have questions, believe me, you have questions.  Get this book, read it, read it alongside of the others, read it while listening to the radio program.  You may just find the answer that you've been looking for!

No comments: